Wednesday, May 16, 2007

POP TALL!!!!!!!

In the barracks there are racks similar to bunk beds. The difference is at the foot of the rack is a set of lockers and draws for the storage of uniforms, under garments and toiletries. This contraption is made of solid steel and is shared by you and your bunk mate. The two drawers are of course sliding and this is were you keep your small items. I had the bottom bunk which meant I had the lower section of the lockers, my bunkie had the top. We sent our laundry off to be taken care of and when it is returned you properly store your gear because it is inspected for being folded and put away.


On this day me and my bunkie are tending to our laundry chores him above me below. The company commander walks into the barracks and the first person to spot him is required to shout the words "POP TALL!" at which point everyone is to pop to attention.

By now I am a well trained monkey and pop straight up and smack into my bunkies B drawer, were upon I go straight back down to the floor unconcise.

The company commander walks down to where I am lying has two of the other boots pick me up, checks on my condition and says "GOOD JOB WILSON" turns and leaves the barracks.

No comments: